This early in the Lenten season, it seems appropriate to be contemplating the value of grace.
Naturally, i’m talking about Mark Grace. What does Lent have to do with the Diamondback’s former broadcaster?
Well, among many Christians, it’s considered a time of reflection and sacrifice and repentance.
I’m sure Gracie would be among the first to acknowledge all of that needs to be an important part of his life right now. In case you haven’t heard, “right now” consists of Mark Grace by day, on the baseball field as a D-backs coach at the team’s Talking Stick spring training facility and by night a convicted two-time DUI offender sleeping in the cold confines of Tent City for his four-month sentence.
There are some who feel he got special treatment because he’s Mark Grace. Some who have been critical of the Diamondbacks management for giving him a second chance after firing him as a broadcaster.
There was another guy a long time ago, who drove drunk during a blizzard. I just didn’t get caught.
So for those of you who want the book thrown at Mark Grace, “let he who is without sin, throw the first slider.”
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy