This early in the Lenten season, it seems appropriate to be contemplating the value of grace.
Naturally, i’m talking about Mark Grace. What does Lent have to do with the Diamondback’s former broadcaster?
Well, among many Christians, it’s considered a time of reflection and sacrifice and repentance.
I’m sure Gracie would be among the first to acknowledge all of that needs to be an important part of his life right now. In case you haven’t heard, “right now” consists of Mark Grace by day, on the baseball field as a D-backs coach at the team’s Talking Stick spring training facility and by night a convicted two-time DUI offender sleeping in the cold confines of Tent City for his four-month sentence.
There are some who feel he got special treatment because he’s Mark Grace. Some who have been critical of the Diamondbacks management for giving him a second chance after firing him as a broadcaster.
There was another guy a long time ago, who drove drunk during a blizzard. I just didn’t get caught.
So for those of you who want the book thrown at Mark Grace, “let he who is without sin, throw the first slider.”
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise