This early in the Lenten season, it seems appropriate to be contemplating the value of grace.
Naturally, i’m talking about Mark Grace. What does Lent have to do with the Diamondback’s former broadcaster?
Well, among many Christians, it’s considered a time of reflection and sacrifice and repentance.
I’m sure Gracie would be among the first to acknowledge all of that needs to be an important part of his life right now. In case you haven’t heard, “right now” consists of Mark Grace by day, on the baseball field as a D-backs coach at the team’s Talking Stick spring training facility and by night a convicted two-time DUI offender sleeping in the cold confines of Tent City for his four-month sentence.
There are some who feel he got special treatment because he’s Mark Grace. Some who have been critical of the Diamondbacks management for giving him a second chance after firing him as a broadcaster.
There was another guy a long time ago, who drove drunk during a blizzard. I just didn’t get caught.
So for those of you who want the book thrown at Mark Grace, “let he who is without sin, throw the first slider.”
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode