Every day when I share these commentaries with you, it’s usually simply to open up possibilities for further thought on some topic of the day.
But today I just want to introduce you to a mom.
Now, technically some would say that she was a mom, the mother of Max Schacknai. Remember, Max was the little 6-year-old boy, who was found at the bottom of that staircase in Coronado, Calif. Days later, the young woman in whose care he was also was found dead.
I’m sure you remember the tragic story and what to some is a continuing mystery, but his mom, Dina, keeps Max very much alive with her creation, Maxie’s House. I met Dina last Saturday evening as she introduced a number of us to this new purpose in her life and the life of Max.
Maxie’s House is a foundation that concentrates on programs that provide safety measures and protective solutions which specifically benefit shared custody or blended households. These are new concepts that, at last, address the safety, legal and transparency needs of the children of couples who separate.
Are you one of those couples? Do you have a Max? There’s valuable help available right now at maxieshouse.org. That’s where Dina spends most of her time these days.
She believes Max is there too.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick