The United States Postal Service just announced that they’ve come up with a plan to save two billion dollars. The U.S.Postal Service!
The Post Office, mail boxes, snail mail. Yes, those guys. It’s official, by the first week in August, Saturday mail delivery will be no more for the first time since 1863.
And for those of you who didn’t know there was a Saturday delivery, it probably won’t have a huge effect on you. No letters and magazines, but packages will still be brought to your door. Saving two billion dollars with one decision like that would seem monumental, that is until you relize that the Postal Service lost nearly 16 billion just last year.
Is that all a result of new technology — email and texting?
Well, that certainly has changed people’s correspondence, but the primary problem the post offices of America have is the law that congress passed in 2006 making them the only government agency that must pay 5.5 billion a year into future health benefits. Congress now interfering with mail delivery is enough to make you go postal!
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon