Well, it’s over.
As we all try to figure out how to explain those millions of wingless chickens running around, we are either among those who won the office pool, those who are contemplating jumping into the pool because the guy in the next office won or one of the elitists who only wants to discuss the creative impact of the commercials.
The Super Bowl is over and the Ravens won. Sports fans can now spend the rest of February waiting for March Madness, trying to figure out who looks good in the Cactus League as Spring Training begins, attempting to identify, by name, more than two of the current Phoenix Suns and possibly offering your home to the Glendale Nomads hockey team. Please? They just want to feel wanted.
One last Super Bowl question: who was the smart aleck Latin major who decided to use roman numerals in identifying each championship game? So this one was XLVII? Why couldn’t we have just gone with 47?
I don’t want to get all Lincoln with it either and talk about 2 score and 7. Superbowl 48 next year — maybe with the Cardinals?
After all, February was named after the god of purification and all our football team needs is a really good enema.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates