Well, it’s over.
As we all try to figure out how to explain those millions of wingless chickens running around, we are either among those who won the office pool, those who are contemplating jumping into the pool because the guy in the next office won or one of the elitists who only wants to discuss the creative impact of the commercials.
The Super Bowl is over and the Ravens won. Sports fans can now spend the rest of February waiting for March Madness, trying to figure out who looks good in the Cactus League as Spring Training begins, attempting to identify, by name, more than two of the current Phoenix Suns and possibly offering your home to the Glendale Nomads hockey team. Please? They just want to feel wanted.
One last Super Bowl question: who was the smart aleck Latin major who decided to use roman numerals in identifying each championship game? So this one was XLVII? Why couldn’t we have just gone with 47?
I don’t want to get all Lincoln with it either and talk about 2 score and 7. Superbowl 48 next year — maybe with the Cardinals?
After all, February was named after the god of purification and all our football team needs is a really good enema.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments