Well, it’s over.
As we all try to figure out how to explain those millions of wingless chickens running around, we are either among those who won the office pool, those who are contemplating jumping into the pool because the guy in the next office won or one of the elitists who only wants to discuss the creative impact of the commercials.
The Super Bowl is over and the Ravens won. Sports fans can now spend the rest of February waiting for March Madness, trying to figure out who looks good in the Cactus League as Spring Training begins, attempting to identify, by name, more than two of the current Phoenix Suns and possibly offering your home to the Glendale Nomads hockey team. Please? They just want to feel wanted.
One last Super Bowl question: who was the smart aleck Latin major who decided to use roman numerals in identifying each championship game? So this one was XLVII? Why couldn’t we have just gone with 47?
I don’t want to get all Lincoln with it either and talk about 2 score and 7. Superbowl 48 next year — maybe with the Cardinals?
After all, February was named after the god of purification and all our football team needs is a really good enema.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes