Last Tuesday, Phoenix law enforcement culminated a five-year investigation with a raid on a Phoenix business and a number of arrests.
What crime has an impact on our community that justifies five years of police work?
Terrorism, drug trafficking, political corruption? No. The Phoenix business that was busted a few days ago was the Champagne Room, a strip club near 40th Street and Broadway.
The crime? Prostitution.
There were three women who were arrested for performing sex acts for anywhere from $300 to $900 and a couple who were the apparent owners and who lived in, knock-knock, Surprise!
All I’m asking you is — Do you really care?
As long as we’re always talking about consenting adults, I find myself on the side of the libertarians, and in agreement with much of the rest of the world.
Australia, New Zealand, strict Singapore and so many other countries will not tolerate street walkers or pimps but regulated commercial sex with regular medical testing is not their government business.
Personally, I can’t think of anything less attractive than paying for sex unless it’s paying a politician to regulate it.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon