Last Tuesday, Phoenix law enforcement culminated a five-year investigation with a raid on a Phoenix business and a number of arrests.
What crime has an impact on our community that justifies five years of police work?
Terrorism, drug trafficking, political corruption? No. The Phoenix business that was busted a few days ago was the Champagne Room, a strip club near 40th Street and Broadway.
The crime? Prostitution.
There were three women who were arrested for performing sex acts for anywhere from $300 to $900 and a couple who were the apparent owners and who lived in, knock-knock, Surprise!
All I’m asking you is — Do you really care?
As long as we’re always talking about consenting adults, I find myself on the side of the libertarians, and in agreement with much of the rest of the world.
Australia, New Zealand, strict Singapore and so many other countries will not tolerate street walkers or pimps but regulated commercial sex with regular medical testing is not their government business.
Personally, I can’t think of anything less attractive than paying for sex unless it’s paying a politician to regulate it.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments