Look out! Here they come!
Quick! Shoulder your guns and protect yourself from the hordes of…oh, wait those are the people with the guns and boy are they angry.
You see, on Wednesday it started all over again with the president’s recommendations about what he thinks we should do as a nation to cut down on gun violence. That cracking sound you hear is all the firearms owners listening to this and getting a collective whiplash.
But how do you know what I’m going to say? Oh, you are just waiting for another one of those left-wing liberal rants about how we should all ignore the Second Amendment.
Not from me.
I only have questions like, “What do you use a magazine for that shoots 30 bullets in a few seconds other than killing people?” and “If I need a background check at a gun store, why not everywhere?”
A surprising number of Americans reject all gun legislation because they feel they must arm themselves against the United States government. If I felt that way, I think I’d move to Australia.
But you may not want to. Australia has some of the strictest gun laws in the world.
And I thought they were just like us.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain