Look out! Here they come!
Quick! Shoulder your guns and protect yourself from the hordes of…oh, wait those are the people with the guns and boy are they angry.
You see, on Wednesday it started all over again with the president’s recommendations about what he thinks we should do as a nation to cut down on gun violence. That cracking sound you hear is all the firearms owners listening to this and getting a collective whiplash.
But how do you know what I’m going to say? Oh, you are just waiting for another one of those left-wing liberal rants about how we should all ignore the Second Amendment.
Not from me.
I only have questions like, “What do you use a magazine for that shoots 30 bullets in a few seconds other than killing people?” and “If I need a background check at a gun store, why not everywhere?”
A surprising number of Americans reject all gun legislation because they feel they must arm themselves against the United States government. If I felt that way, I think I’d move to Australia.
But you may not want to. Australia has some of the strictest gun laws in the world.
And I thought they were just like us.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever