On Monday, as you may know, we found out the answer to the question we have been asking for some time: “What is the state of our state?”
Gov. Jan Brewer was prepared to tell us in her annual address and there are some changes called for: the staffing of child protective services will be improved and Medicaid will be available to more people, but is the state of our state about to dramatically change in its neighborly relationship with the Mexican state of Sonora or any of the rest of that country?
¡Occasion gordo (“fat chance”)!
Brewer said she won’t support efforts to reform the nation’s immigration system until the border with Mexico is secure. Her position is nearly as surprising as the entertainment world discovering that Jodie Foster is gay.
Why should immigration reform wait for anything? We’ve been waiting for major changes for decades.
The border will only be secure when new immigration laws are in place.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon