We’ve all heard voices raised across this country that something has to be done about gun violence in America.
The cry has never been clearer than now since the loss of the Sandy Hook children. The subject is so important, the need for some kind of action so urgent, that Vice President Joe Biden sat down with the National Rifle Association and other gun owner groups on Thursday to attempt to find some solutions. The vice president even presented a letter signed by over a hundred scientists from virtually every major U.S. university asking that greater efforts be made to limit gun violence.
Many in America are wondering today if this is the beginning of a move toward greater firearms safety. If I may offer my opinion, there’s not a chance in Hell that anything substantive will change.
That’s how powerful the gun lobby is with their influence on lawmakers. But they’re not alone. The pharmaceutical industry may be even more powerful and then there’s the criminals on Wall Street who have never gone to trial.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet the United States Congress! The best that money can buy!
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.