We’ve all heard voices raised across this country that something has to be done about gun violence in America.
The cry has never been clearer than now since the loss of the Sandy Hook children. The subject is so important, the need for some kind of action so urgent, that Vice President Joe Biden sat down with the National Rifle Association and other gun owner groups on Thursday to attempt to find some solutions. The vice president even presented a letter signed by over a hundred scientists from virtually every major U.S. university asking that greater efforts be made to limit gun violence.
Many in America are wondering today if this is the beginning of a move toward greater firearms safety. If I may offer my opinion, there’s not a chance in Hell that anything substantive will change.
That’s how powerful the gun lobby is with their influence on lawmakers. But they’re not alone. The pharmaceutical industry may be even more powerful and then there’s the criminals on Wall Street who have never gone to trial.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet the United States Congress! The best that money can buy!
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them