We’ve all heard voices raised across this country that something has to be done about gun violence in America.
The cry has never been clearer than now since the loss of the Sandy Hook children. The subject is so important, the need for some kind of action so urgent, that Vice President Joe Biden sat down with the National Rifle Association and other gun owner groups on Thursday to attempt to find some solutions. The vice president even presented a letter signed by over a hundred scientists from virtually every major U.S. university asking that greater efforts be made to limit gun violence.
Many in America are wondering today if this is the beginning of a move toward greater firearms safety. If I may offer my opinion, there’s not a chance in Hell that anything substantive will change.
That’s how powerful the gun lobby is with their influence on lawmakers. But they’re not alone. The pharmaceutical industry may be even more powerful and then there’s the criminals on Wall Street who have never gone to trial.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet the United States Congress! The best that money can buy!
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development