We’ve all heard voices raised across this country that something has to be done about gun violence in America.
The cry has never been clearer than now since the loss of the Sandy Hook children. The subject is so important, the need for some kind of action so urgent, that Vice President Joe Biden sat down with the National Rifle Association and other gun owner groups on Thursday to attempt to find some solutions. The vice president even presented a letter signed by over a hundred scientists from virtually every major U.S. university asking that greater efforts be made to limit gun violence.
Many in America are wondering today if this is the beginning of a move toward greater firearms safety. If I may offer my opinion, there’s not a chance in Hell that anything substantive will change.
That’s how powerful the gun lobby is with their influence on lawmakers. But they’re not alone. The pharmaceutical industry may be even more powerful and then there’s the criminals on Wall Street who have never gone to trial.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet the United States Congress! The best that money can buy!
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments