It’s finally happened!
After a 113-day lockout and negotiating body checks without a penalty, God looked down and said, “Let there be hockey” and it was good!
One more week and Jobing.com Arena would have become part of the new Tanger Outlet Stores. So Coyotes fans, it’s nearly time to celebrate, but don’t plan on a long party.
The season is only going to be 48 games, which could mean triple-headers before the playoffs. In that short a season, the championship trophy may be the Stanley Espresso Cup.
There’s excitement about new ownership too, as Greg Jamison is about to sign an agreement to take over what may become the Arizona Coyotes very soon.
While a large number of very loyal folks proudly express their puck passion, let’s acknowledge that the NHL’s three major work stoppages in two decades is difficult for some to easily digest. But this agreement is for 10 years and maybe then everybody can just shake hands and keep playing hockey.
Now that’s a goal, devoutly to be wished for.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments