It’s finally happened!
After a 113-day lockout and negotiating body checks without a penalty, God looked down and said, “Let there be hockey” and it was good!
One more week and Jobing.com Arena would have become part of the new Tanger Outlet Stores. So Coyotes fans, it’s nearly time to celebrate, but don’t plan on a long party.
The season is only going to be 48 games, which could mean triple-headers before the playoffs. In that short a season, the championship trophy may be the Stanley Espresso Cup.
There’s excitement about new ownership too, as Greg Jamison is about to sign an agreement to take over what may become the Arizona Coyotes very soon.
While a large number of very loyal folks proudly express their puck passion, let’s acknowledge that the NHL’s three major work stoppages in two decades is difficult for some to easily digest. But this agreement is for 10 years and maybe then everybody can just shake hands and keep playing hockey.
Now that’s a goal, devoutly to be wished for.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon