The latest news about reefer madness and weed whackos running amok like zombies in a Cheetos factory was “Arizona teens obtain marijuana from holders of medical possession cards.”
Now, when was the last story that got this kind of coverage that dealt with an over 21 drinker buying a beer for a teen at a convenience store? Or mom and dad pouring a glass of wine for junior at a family dinner? Those are illegal, too, but not newsworthy.
Would that be because there’s a difference between pot and alcohol? You bet!
Alcohol kills. Marijuana doesn’t. Everyone knows a mean drunk that picks fights. Smoke a joint and fall in love with the world.
By the way, it should be noted that the news story about medical marijuana card holders sharing their stash was actually about 2 percent of teen users. Seventy-two percent reported their source was friends and 14 percent got it from family.
I’m not a user, but I am a citizen of the 21st century who is getting really tired of disproportionate attention given to the war on weed.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night