The latest news about reefer madness and weed whackos running amok like zombies in a Cheetos factory was “Arizona teens obtain marijuana from holders of medical possession cards.”
Now, when was the last story that got this kind of coverage that dealt with an over 21 drinker buying a beer for a teen at a convenience store? Or mom and dad pouring a glass of wine for junior at a family dinner? Those are illegal, too, but not newsworthy.
Would that be because there’s a difference between pot and alcohol? You bet!
Alcohol kills. Marijuana doesn’t. Everyone knows a mean drunk that picks fights. Smoke a joint and fall in love with the world.
By the way, it should be noted that the news story about medical marijuana card holders sharing their stash was actually about 2 percent of teen users. Seventy-two percent reported their source was friends and 14 percent got it from family.
I’m not a user, but I am a citizen of the 21st century who is getting really tired of disproportionate attention given to the war on weed.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon