The latest news about reefer madness and weed whackos running amok like zombies in a Cheetos factory was “Arizona teens obtain marijuana from holders of medical possession cards.”
Now, when was the last story that got this kind of coverage that dealt with an over 21 drinker buying a beer for a teen at a convenience store? Or mom and dad pouring a glass of wine for junior at a family dinner? Those are illegal, too, but not newsworthy.
Would that be because there’s a difference between pot and alcohol? You bet!
Alcohol kills. Marijuana doesn’t. Everyone knows a mean drunk that picks fights. Smoke a joint and fall in love with the world.
By the way, it should be noted that the news story about medical marijuana card holders sharing their stash was actually about 2 percent of teen users. Seventy-two percent reported their source was friends and 14 percent got it from family.
I’m not a user, but I am a citizen of the 21st century who is getting really tired of disproportionate attention given to the war on weed.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets