Remember the Frank Sinatra classic with the lyric, “When I was 21, it was a very good year?”
And you know, looking back, it was. Republicans and Democrats got business done by — now get this — by speaking to each other with respect and the country never seemed to get close to a fiscal cliff.
Now all of us feel like Thelma and Louise every morning when we wake up.
When I was 21, I knew people who owned guns. My father had a hunting rifle. I never was aware of any one who felt the need for a privately-owned arsenal. You know, if we could use flame-throwers for hunting, we could just cook the venison on the spot.
Even as a young man I remember zealots predicting the end of the world. This time apparently the Mayans were wrong. Even Warren Jeffs of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints said it’s coming. But what if Warren Jeffs turns out to be a Mayan?
It used to be that players and coaches stayed with one team. Now, everyone has their names on their uniforms just so we know who’s on our side.
Of course, some things go on forever. The Arabs and Israelis are still screaming at one another with threats of destruction.
Oh, I’m sorry. That’s Congress.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.