Do you have any idea what today is?
Sure, almost everyone thinks it’s simply Dec. 12, 2012, but it’s so much more significant than that. Take a moment and write it out.
Before you dismissively say “so what” as if it’s nothing more than a promotion for the place where Kent Dana’s kid works, just do a little research.
The academic professionals have calculated that the next time all of the digits on a calendar date will be the same is Jan. 1, 3001. That’s almost 989 years from now.
Coincidentally, it is also the date when both the Cardinals and the Suns are scheduled to win a game.
All of this conjecture brings to mind the so-called Mayan prediction of the end of the world taking place on Dec. 21 of this year. I think all that stuff is rubbish.
However, I will admit that I haven’t gotten a birthday present for my wife yet, born on Dec. 23. If I totally forget, of course, that will be the end of my world.
So maybe the Mayans were right, at least the ones that were married to Irish girls.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.