Do you have any idea what today is?
Sure, almost everyone thinks it’s simply Dec. 12, 2012, but it’s so much more significant than that. Take a moment and write it out.
Before you dismissively say “so what” as if it’s nothing more than a promotion for the place where Kent Dana’s kid works, just do a little research.
The academic professionals have calculated that the next time all of the digits on a calendar date will be the same is Jan. 1, 3001. That’s almost 989 years from now.
Coincidentally, it is also the date when both the Cardinals and the Suns are scheduled to win a game.
All of this conjecture brings to mind the so-called Mayan prediction of the end of the world taking place on Dec. 21 of this year. I think all that stuff is rubbish.
However, I will admit that I haven’t gotten a birthday present for my wife yet, born on Dec. 23. If I totally forget, of course, that will be the end of my world.
So maybe the Mayans were right, at least the ones that were married to Irish girls.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees