Do you have any idea what today is?
Sure, almost everyone thinks it’s simply Dec. 12, 2012, but it’s so much more significant than that. Take a moment and write it out.
Before you dismissively say “so what” as if it’s nothing more than a promotion for the place where Kent Dana’s kid works, just do a little research.
The academic professionals have calculated that the next time all of the digits on a calendar date will be the same is Jan. 1, 3001. That’s almost 989 years from now.
Coincidentally, it is also the date when both the Cardinals and the Suns are scheduled to win a game.
All of this conjecture brings to mind the so-called Mayan prediction of the end of the world taking place on Dec. 21 of this year. I think all that stuff is rubbish.
However, I will admit that I haven’t gotten a birthday present for my wife yet, born on Dec. 23. If I totally forget, of course, that will be the end of my world.
So maybe the Mayans were right, at least the ones that were married to Irish girls.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments