Do you have any idea what today is?
Sure, almost everyone thinks it’s simply Dec. 12, 2012, but it’s so much more significant than that. Take a moment and write it out.
Before you dismissively say “so what” as if it’s nothing more than a promotion for the place where Kent Dana’s kid works, just do a little research.
The academic professionals have calculated that the next time all of the digits on a calendar date will be the same is Jan. 1, 3001. That’s almost 989 years from now.
Coincidentally, it is also the date when both the Cardinals and the Suns are scheduled to win a game.
All of this conjecture brings to mind the so-called Mayan prediction of the end of the world taking place on Dec. 21 of this year. I think all that stuff is rubbish.
However, I will admit that I haven’t gotten a birthday present for my wife yet, born on Dec. 23. If I totally forget, of course, that will be the end of my world.
So maybe the Mayans were right, at least the ones that were married to Irish girls.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon