Do you have any idea what today is?
Sure, almost everyone thinks it’s simply Dec. 12, 2012, but it’s so much more significant than that. Take a moment and write it out.
Before you dismissively say “so what” as if it’s nothing more than a promotion for the place where Kent Dana’s kid works, just do a little research.
The academic professionals have calculated that the next time all of the digits on a calendar date will be the same is Jan. 1, 3001. That’s almost 989 years from now.
Coincidentally, it is also the date when both the Cardinals and the Suns are scheduled to win a game.
All of this conjecture brings to mind the so-called Mayan prediction of the end of the world taking place on Dec. 21 of this year. I think all that stuff is rubbish.
However, I will admit that I haven’t gotten a birthday present for my wife yet, born on Dec. 23. If I totally forget, of course, that will be the end of my world.
So maybe the Mayans were right, at least the ones that were married to Irish girls.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night