Hey, get this, Arizona!
There were sane people at the office last week talking about immigration and you’re not going to believe this: There were liberals and conservatives, men and women, Latinos and Anglos in this group and they were all being sane toward one another and the subject.
In fact that’s the project name they’ve taken, SANE. The group calls itself “the Real Arizona Coalition” and they are approaching this most complex and volatile subject, well, sanely!
Ever wonder why California, New Mexico and Texas don’t seem to have the border-crossing problems Arizona has, with all the national image stories that go with them?
The coalition recognized Mexico as our state’s largest trading partner and is committed to securing the border while stimulating that business relationship. They are pursuing practical, workable methods of dealing with the reality of 11 million undocumented people living here now. They also recognize the absolute necessity for dramatic changes in our country’s fractured — and often stupid — immigration system.
Keep watching this Real Arizona Coalition. They’re beginning to sound sane!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development