Hey, get this, Arizona!
There were sane people at the office last week talking about immigration and you’re not going to believe this: There were liberals and conservatives, men and women, Latinos and Anglos in this group and they were all being sane toward one another and the subject.
In fact that’s the project name they’ve taken, SANE. The group calls itself “the Real Arizona Coalition” and they are approaching this most complex and volatile subject, well, sanely!
Ever wonder why California, New Mexico and Texas don’t seem to have the border-crossing problems Arizona has, with all the national image stories that go with them?
The coalition recognized Mexico as our state’s largest trading partner and is committed to securing the border while stimulating that business relationship. They are pursuing practical, workable methods of dealing with the reality of 11 million undocumented people living here now. They also recognize the absolute necessity for dramatic changes in our country’s fractured — and often stupid — immigration system.
Keep watching this Real Arizona Coalition. They’re beginning to sound sane!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains