By now I suppose most of you know on Sunday the Arizona Cardinals and New York Jets played football.
The score was 7-6; one touchdown and two field goals. Most people were grateful that there was only a one-point difference because, had it been three, the game might have ended in a tie and they could still be playing in a futile effort to score.
The Jets are dreadful, with a season-long quarterback problem and a head coach whose job is in jeopardy. How could any team with problems like that ever win a game? And we might not.
Listen, I’m a fan. I don’t like taking cheap shots at guys that are not only getting beat up but also humiliated. The defense is great, but people dread an interception because it means our offense gets the ball again. Oh, no! Ryan Lindley’s passes were so off-target, he hit three vendors in the stands.
Some people are demanding a new head coach, but first, why not a new offensive coordinator, someone who can send in the plays, someone who knows how to move the team down the field and can work with the quarterbacks?
Someone like Kurt Warner. Interesting?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees