By now I suppose most of you know on Sunday the Arizona Cardinals and New York Jets played football.
The score was 7-6; one touchdown and two field goals. Most people were grateful that there was only a one-point difference because, had it been three, the game might have ended in a tie and they could still be playing in a futile effort to score.
The Jets are dreadful, with a season-long quarterback problem and a head coach whose job is in jeopardy. How could any team with problems like that ever win a game? And we might not.
Listen, I’m a fan. I don’t like taking cheap shots at guys that are not only getting beat up but also humiliated. The defense is great, but people dread an interception because it means our offense gets the ball again. Oh, no! Ryan Lindley’s passes were so off-target, he hit three vendors in the stands.
Some people are demanding a new head coach, but first, why not a new offensive coordinator, someone who can send in the plays, someone who knows how to move the team down the field and can work with the quarterbacks?
Someone like Kurt Warner. Interesting?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates