You know how irritating it is to have one fly in the house, buzzing around your face no matter where you go?
That’s what I call an annoyance. People who perpetually interrupt, that’s a pet peeve, but since I wasn’t among those who threw punches on Black Friday to let off steam, allow me to share stuff that really bugs me!
Why do I have to release my newspaper from bondage every morning before I can read it? The front page is partially covered with a folded ad covering a third of the content and some of the rest is inaccessible because some Republic employee has been assigned the job of affixing large promotional stickers over the headlines. Next, they’ll be selling the obit page to a cryogenics laboratory.
Why do beautiful young people have to cover their extremities with tattoos? I don’t mean a small butterfly discreetly placed. I’m talking about the Battle of Midway as a body mural. Bad permanent art, that’s painful. That’s marketing!
And do restaurants not understand that dinner music is supposed to be soft and soothing, not head bangers like Linkin Park? I’d prefer to be able to talk to my wife.
Hey! Thanks for listening. I feel better already.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.