You know how irritating it is to have one fly in the house, buzzing around your face no matter where you go?
That’s what I call an annoyance. People who perpetually interrupt, that’s a pet peeve, but since I wasn’t among those who threw punches on Black Friday to let off steam, allow me to share stuff that really bugs me!
Why do I have to release my newspaper from bondage every morning before I can read it? The front page is partially covered with a folded ad covering a third of the content and some of the rest is inaccessible because some Republic employee has been assigned the job of affixing large promotional stickers over the headlines. Next, they’ll be selling the obit page to a cryogenics laboratory.
Why do beautiful young people have to cover their extremities with tattoos? I don’t mean a small butterfly discreetly placed. I’m talking about the Battle of Midway as a body mural. Bad permanent art, that’s painful. That’s marketing!
And do restaurants not understand that dinner music is supposed to be soft and soothing, not head bangers like Linkin Park? I’d prefer to be able to talk to my wife.
Hey! Thanks for listening. I feel better already.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments