You know how irritating it is to have one fly in the house, buzzing around your face no matter where you go?
That’s what I call an annoyance. People who perpetually interrupt, that’s a pet peeve, but since I wasn’t among those who threw punches on Black Friday to let off steam, allow me to share stuff that really bugs me!
Why do I have to release my newspaper from bondage every morning before I can read it? The front page is partially covered with a folded ad covering a third of the content and some of the rest is inaccessible because some Republic employee has been assigned the job of affixing large promotional stickers over the headlines. Next, they’ll be selling the obit page to a cryogenics laboratory.
Why do beautiful young people have to cover their extremities with tattoos? I don’t mean a small butterfly discreetly placed. I’m talking about the Battle of Midway as a body mural. Bad permanent art, that’s painful. That’s marketing!
And do restaurants not understand that dinner music is supposed to be soft and soothing, not head bangers like Linkin Park? I’d prefer to be able to talk to my wife.
Hey! Thanks for listening. I feel better already.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy