You know how irritating it is to have one fly in the house, buzzing around your face no matter where you go?
That’s what I call an annoyance. People who perpetually interrupt, that’s a pet peeve, but since I wasn’t among those who threw punches on Black Friday to let off steam, allow me to share stuff that really bugs me!
Why do I have to release my newspaper from bondage every morning before I can read it? The front page is partially covered with a folded ad covering a third of the content and some of the rest is inaccessible because some Republic employee has been assigned the job of affixing large promotional stickers over the headlines. Next, they’ll be selling the obit page to a cryogenics laboratory.
Why do beautiful young people have to cover their extremities with tattoos? I don’t mean a small butterfly discreetly placed. I’m talking about the Battle of Midway as a body mural. Bad permanent art, that’s painful. That’s marketing!
And do restaurants not understand that dinner music is supposed to be soft and soothing, not head bangers like Linkin Park? I’d prefer to be able to talk to my wife.
Hey! Thanks for listening. I feel better already.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain