This year’s Thanksgiving and Black Friday are just barely history and it’s already started: I’ve already heard reports of complaints from people offended by any recognition of Christmas in the secular world.
Some parents are lodging demands that the Christmas assembly be canceled because their children’s school choir is scheduled to perform — please forgive me, if this is simply too graphic — they’re scheduled to perform a program of Christmas carols!
Some of these songs date back to the Middle Ages, but for some, they’re unacceptable for middle schools. We could always pretend that “Silent Night” is about the day you lost your iPod and “Joy to the World” was just a 1970s hit for Three Dog Night.
There are actually people who refuse to drive by the Nativity scene displayed by some churches. Hey! It’s a baby and his mom and dad. He grew up to be pretty famous. Jews and Muslims respect him as a prophet and a good man.
If you can’t at least do that, chill out for Christ’s sake!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona