This year’s Thanksgiving and Black Friday are just barely history and it’s already started: I’ve already heard reports of complaints from people offended by any recognition of Christmas in the secular world.
Some parents are lodging demands that the Christmas assembly be canceled because their children’s school choir is scheduled to perform — please forgive me, if this is simply too graphic — they’re scheduled to perform a program of Christmas carols!
Some of these songs date back to the Middle Ages, but for some, they’re unacceptable for middle schools. We could always pretend that “Silent Night” is about the day you lost your iPod and “Joy to the World” was just a 1970s hit for Three Dog Night.
There are actually people who refuse to drive by the Nativity scene displayed by some churches. Hey! It’s a baby and his mom and dad. He grew up to be pretty famous. Jews and Muslims respect him as a prophet and a good man.
If you can’t at least do that, chill out for Christ’s sake!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again