Well, Thursday is the day designated for all of us to express obligatory thanks — Thanksgiving Day for those of you who have calendar limitations.
Yes, most of us will gather around a family table and share our personal thoughts on our individual good fortune while celebrating our acceptance into the world of the morbidly obese.
Our hearts will be filled with gratitude. Our arteries will be filled with plaque. The tradition in my family is for each of the guests to consider and express one thing for which they are grateful – large or small.
But I’m not going to wait till Thursday. You’ve been my broadcast family for a long time, so indulge me for a moment as I jump to the front of the line.
After a lifetime of outstanding health without even headaches, I just spent 11 days in the hospital, half in intensive care, with something called pancreatitis.
With the extraordinary care of medical specialists and my incredible wife, I am once again feeling great. I’m telling you all this because this year I’m thankful to be well. Thursday it will be your turn.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains