Well, Thursday is the day designated for all of us to express obligatory thanks — Thanksgiving Day for those of you who have calendar limitations.
Yes, most of us will gather around a family table and share our personal thoughts on our individual good fortune while celebrating our acceptance into the world of the morbidly obese.
Our hearts will be filled with gratitude. Our arteries will be filled with plaque. The tradition in my family is for each of the guests to consider and express one thing for which they are grateful – large or small.
But I’m not going to wait till Thursday. You’ve been my broadcast family for a long time, so indulge me for a moment as I jump to the front of the line.
After a lifetime of outstanding health without even headaches, I just spent 11 days in the hospital, half in intensive care, with something called pancreatitis.
With the extraordinary care of medical specialists and my incredible wife, I am once again feeling great. I’m telling you all this because this year I’m thankful to be well. Thursday it will be your turn.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.