Well, Thursday is the day designated for all of us to express obligatory thanks — Thanksgiving Day for those of you who have calendar limitations.
Yes, most of us will gather around a family table and share our personal thoughts on our individual good fortune while celebrating our acceptance into the world of the morbidly obese.
Our hearts will be filled with gratitude. Our arteries will be filled with plaque. The tradition in my family is for each of the guests to consider and express one thing for which they are grateful – large or small.
But I’m not going to wait till Thursday. You’ve been my broadcast family for a long time, so indulge me for a moment as I jump to the front of the line.
After a lifetime of outstanding health without even headaches, I just spent 11 days in the hospital, half in intensive care, with something called pancreatitis.
With the extraordinary care of medical specialists and my incredible wife, I am once again feeling great. I’m telling you all this because this year I’m thankful to be well. Thursday it will be your turn.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments