Well, Thursday is the day designated for all of us to express obligatory thanks — Thanksgiving Day for those of you who have calendar limitations.
Yes, most of us will gather around a family table and share our personal thoughts on our individual good fortune while celebrating our acceptance into the world of the morbidly obese.
Our hearts will be filled with gratitude. Our arteries will be filled with plaque. The tradition in my family is for each of the guests to consider and express one thing for which they are grateful – large or small.
But I’m not going to wait till Thursday. You’ve been my broadcast family for a long time, so indulge me for a moment as I jump to the front of the line.
After a lifetime of outstanding health without even headaches, I just spent 11 days in the hospital, half in intensive care, with something called pancreatitis.
With the extraordinary care of medical specialists and my incredible wife, I am once again feeling great. I’m telling you all this because this year I’m thankful to be well. Thursday it will be your turn.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again