Remember when we used to be shocked to find out that every public figure that was single might not be a virgin?
Then came the decade long “summer of love,” the ’60s and the Donna Reed fantasies became the lusty realities of Woodstock.
Yet with all the cultural freedoms that exist now, as never before, society still seems stunned when any person with power proves to be from somewhere besides Krypton.
Bill Clinton is now the revered former president that did it all right. He did eight years with no wars. He did two terms without a deficit. Hardly anyone mentions that he also did Monica Lewinsky.
So if we’re that forgiving, why are two respected generals in so much trouble? Are these two soldiers less capable of leadership because after they left the battlefield these heroes sadly reverted to just “a couple of guys?” Not wise, not moral, but should they be discarded?
At least Elmo has been exonerated, but does that mean we can continue to ignore the ugly rumors about an inappropriate relationship between Miss Piggy and Rush Limbaugh. Shame!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain