Remember when we used to be shocked to find out that every public figure that was single might not be a virgin?
Then came the decade long “summer of love,” the ’60s and the Donna Reed fantasies became the lusty realities of Woodstock.
Yet with all the cultural freedoms that exist now, as never before, society still seems stunned when any person with power proves to be from somewhere besides Krypton.
Bill Clinton is now the revered former president that did it all right. He did eight years with no wars. He did two terms without a deficit. Hardly anyone mentions that he also did Monica Lewinsky.
So if we’re that forgiving, why are two respected generals in so much trouble? Are these two soldiers less capable of leadership because after they left the battlefield these heroes sadly reverted to just “a couple of guys?” Not wise, not moral, but should they be discarded?
At least Elmo has been exonerated, but does that mean we can continue to ignore the ugly rumors about an inappropriate relationship between Miss Piggy and Rush Limbaugh. Shame!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments