Remember when we used to be shocked to find out that every public figure that was single might not be a virgin?
Then came the decade long “summer of love,” the ’60s and the Donna Reed fantasies became the lusty realities of Woodstock.
Yet with all the cultural freedoms that exist now, as never before, society still seems stunned when any person with power proves to be from somewhere besides Krypton.
Bill Clinton is now the revered former president that did it all right. He did eight years with no wars. He did two terms without a deficit. Hardly anyone mentions that he also did Monica Lewinsky.
So if we’re that forgiving, why are two respected generals in so much trouble? Are these two soldiers less capable of leadership because after they left the battlefield these heroes sadly reverted to just “a couple of guys?” Not wise, not moral, but should they be discarded?
At least Elmo has been exonerated, but does that mean we can continue to ignore the ugly rumors about an inappropriate relationship between Miss Piggy and Rush Limbaugh. Shame!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.