Dear Sheriff Joe,
First of all, I always find it interesting that any of us can address a county sheriff by his first name and people around the world know who we mean.
That point aside, I wonder if you truly value every vote you might get in this next election. If you do, then let me tell you what would cause me to consider voting for you to return to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office in November.
So far, I know you care about kids and dogs. You tell me that perpetually on your TV spots. I know you can afford all that expensive television time because you’ve been able to acquire millions of dollars in campaign funds. I’m fine with that.
Supporters have every right in the world to write a check to someone they admire. It’s like passing the collection basket in church. But Joe, being against deadbeat dads and animal abuse doesn’t exactly set you apart from the rest of humanity.
What would impress me, and perhaps get my vote, would be if you aggressively investigated all those sex crimes that have been waiting for attention since 2005.
Is your office’s seeming lack of interest due to no dogs being involved?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain