Dear Sheriff Joe,
First of all, I always find it interesting that any of us can address a county sheriff by his first name and people around the world know who we mean.
That point aside, I wonder if you truly value every vote you might get in this next election. If you do, then let me tell you what would cause me to consider voting for you to return to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office in November.
So far, I know you care about kids and dogs. You tell me that perpetually on your TV spots. I know you can afford all that expensive television time because you’ve been able to acquire millions of dollars in campaign funds. I’m fine with that.
Supporters have every right in the world to write a check to someone they admire. It’s like passing the collection basket in church. But Joe, being against deadbeat dads and animal abuse doesn’t exactly set you apart from the rest of humanity.
What would impress me, and perhaps get my vote, would be if you aggressively investigated all those sex crimes that have been waiting for attention since 2005.
Is your office’s seeming lack of interest due to no dogs being involved?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon