Dear Sheriff Joe,
First of all, I always find it interesting that any of us can address a county sheriff by his first name and people around the world know who we mean.
That point aside, I wonder if you truly value every vote you might get in this next election. If you do, then let me tell you what would cause me to consider voting for you to return to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office in November.
So far, I know you care about kids and dogs. You tell me that perpetually on your TV spots. I know you can afford all that expensive television time because you’ve been able to acquire millions of dollars in campaign funds. I’m fine with that.
Supporters have every right in the world to write a check to someone they admire. It’s like passing the collection basket in church. But Joe, being against deadbeat dads and animal abuse doesn’t exactly set you apart from the rest of humanity.
What would impress me, and perhaps get my vote, would be if you aggressively investigated all those sex crimes that have been waiting for attention since 2005.
Is your office’s seeming lack of interest due to no dogs being involved?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise