Dear Mr. Pearce:
I know you have an election to win, and being a recalled lawmaker must create a voracious, unsatisfied hunger for power, so I would never dream to ask you for anything like a long-term silence. You’ve already said far too much in blaming the victims of the Aurora, Colorado massacre for their inaction and lack of courage.
So please, as a personal favor to me and perhaps their families, just a short period of silence from you, at least until they are buried.
You fault them because, in your words, had they been prepared and armed, they could have stopped this “bad man.”
Russell, the shooter was wearing bulletproof armor from head to foot. A grenade launcher might’ve stopped him, but I don’t believe those are included in the conceal carry law.
You dare to say all that was needed was one courageous/brave man like the men on Flight 93.
Are you demeaning the courage of those who shielded others or the commitment of the members of the Air Force and Navy, now dead, who were in that theater?
Don’t misunderstand me Russell Pearce. I don’t want your guns. I just want you to be quiet for a little while.
It’s not polite to talk while America is in mourning.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments