Dear Mr. Pearce:
I know you have an election to win, and being a recalled lawmaker must create a voracious, unsatisfied hunger for power, so I would never dream to ask you for anything like a long-term silence. You’ve already said far too much in blaming the victims of the Aurora, Colorado massacre for their inaction and lack of courage.
So please, as a personal favor to me and perhaps their families, just a short period of silence from you, at least until they are buried.
You fault them because, in your words, had they been prepared and armed, they could have stopped this “bad man.”
Russell, the shooter was wearing bulletproof armor from head to foot. A grenade launcher might’ve stopped him, but I don’t believe those are included in the conceal carry law.
You dare to say all that was needed was one courageous/brave man like the men on Flight 93.
Are you demeaning the courage of those who shielded others or the commitment of the members of the Air Force and Navy, now dead, who were in that theater?
Don’t misunderstand me Russell Pearce. I don’t want your guns. I just want you to be quiet for a little while.
It’s not polite to talk while America is in mourning.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains