Dear Mr. Pearce:
I know you have an election to win, and being a recalled lawmaker must create a voracious, unsatisfied hunger for power, so I would never dream to ask you for anything like a long-term silence. You’ve already said far too much in blaming the victims of the Aurora, Colorado massacre for their inaction and lack of courage.
So please, as a personal favor to me and perhaps their families, just a short period of silence from you, at least until they are buried.
You fault them because, in your words, had they been prepared and armed, they could have stopped this “bad man.”
Russell, the shooter was wearing bulletproof armor from head to foot. A grenade launcher might’ve stopped him, but I don’t believe those are included in the conceal carry law.
You dare to say all that was needed was one courageous/brave man like the men on Flight 93.
Are you demeaning the courage of those who shielded others or the commitment of the members of the Air Force and Navy, now dead, who were in that theater?
Don’t misunderstand me Russell Pearce. I don’t want your guns. I just want you to be quiet for a little while.
It’s not polite to talk while America is in mourning.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon