The is the worst period of time in the history of the United States of America.
You hear that from someone just about every day, don’t you?
If Dickens was writing A Tale of Two Cities now, he might have opened it with, “It was the worst of times and the worst of times.”
Rainbows over some people’s houses are gray. And it’s true. To many people, this country is at the bottom of a cycle we’ve never known before.
Of course, historians don’t see it that way, because we’ve been here before and before that and before that. And during each challenging time, someone declared it historically bad.
With the Olympics coming up, I recall the ’72 Games and America’s highly controversial loss to the Soviet basketball team. We had always won the gold medal, destroying opponents. Headlines screamed U.S. superiority was over. Now just look at the 2012 team.
The USSR beat us into space, but not to the moon and beyond. Japan was the king of the automobile until we began making theirs over here.
Is it time to give up on America? Absolutely not!
No matter what dark period we have been in, in the past we have always come back strong.
So, America, it’s time! Get off your butt and let’s start moving!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development