The is the worst period of time in the history of the United States of America.
You hear that from someone just about every day, don’t you?
If Dickens was writing A Tale of Two Cities now, he might have opened it with, “It was the worst of times and the worst of times.”
Rainbows over some people’s houses are gray. And it’s true. To many people, this country is at the bottom of a cycle we’ve never known before.
Of course, historians don’t see it that way, because we’ve been here before and before that and before that. And during each challenging time, someone declared it historically bad.
With the Olympics coming up, I recall the ’72 Games and America’s highly controversial loss to the Soviet basketball team. We had always won the gold medal, destroying opponents. Headlines screamed U.S. superiority was over. Now just look at the 2012 team.
The USSR beat us into space, but not to the moon and beyond. Japan was the king of the automobile until we began making theirs over here.
Is it time to give up on America? Absolutely not!
No matter what dark period we have been in, in the past we have always come back strong.
So, America, it’s time! Get off your butt and let’s start moving!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains