The is the worst period of time in the history of the United States of America.
You hear that from someone just about every day, don’t you?
If Dickens was writing A Tale of Two Cities now, he might have opened it with, “It was the worst of times and the worst of times.”
Rainbows over some people’s houses are gray. And it’s true. To many people, this country is at the bottom of a cycle we’ve never known before.
Of course, historians don’t see it that way, because we’ve been here before and before that and before that. And during each challenging time, someone declared it historically bad.
With the Olympics coming up, I recall the ’72 Games and America’s highly controversial loss to the Soviet basketball team. We had always won the gold medal, destroying opponents. Headlines screamed U.S. superiority was over. Now just look at the 2012 team.
The USSR beat us into space, but not to the moon and beyond. Japan was the king of the automobile until we began making theirs over here.
Is it time to give up on America? Absolutely not!
No matter what dark period we have been in, in the past we have always come back strong.
So, America, it’s time! Get off your butt and let’s start moving!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain