The is the worst period of time in the history of the United States of America.
You hear that from someone just about every day, don’t you?
If Dickens was writing A Tale of Two Cities now, he might have opened it with, “It was the worst of times and the worst of times.”
Rainbows over some people’s houses are gray. And it’s true. To many people, this country is at the bottom of a cycle we’ve never known before.
Of course, historians don’t see it that way, because we’ve been here before and before that and before that. And during each challenging time, someone declared it historically bad.
With the Olympics coming up, I recall the ’72 Games and America’s highly controversial loss to the Soviet basketball team. We had always won the gold medal, destroying opponents. Headlines screamed U.S. superiority was over. Now just look at the 2012 team.
The USSR beat us into space, but not to the moon and beyond. Japan was the king of the automobile until we began making theirs over here.
Is it time to give up on America? Absolutely not!
No matter what dark period we have been in, in the past we have always come back strong.
So, America, it’s time! Get off your butt and let’s start moving!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas