Believe it or not, the Supreme Court handed down some other interesting decisions in the last few days that used an occasional S and B, but no 1070s…and we haven’t even gotten to healthcare yet.
Last week, they really shook things up for broadcasters and everyone who thinks that the George Carlin legacy that said there are seven words that may not be used over the air is still in effect.
This highly conservative court unanimously tossed out fines against two television networks for allowing a little nudity on a drama show and unintentionally broadcasting obscenities spoken on an awards show a decade ago.
In the 10 years since the American TV audience was exposed to those incidents, I am unaware that there are signs the apocalypse is any closer. There may come a time when censorship will be handled exclusively by the remote control.
Another decision that moves us nearer to being a humane society disallows life sentences without the possibility of parole for juvenile offenders — reasonable since their brains are not fully developed.
If only some of our policy makers could use that as an excuse.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life