These days when our system of justice seems to be viewed by many as less just than in the past — in a time whenever the U.S. Supreme Court is under fire — a jury has come to a decision that can be viewed with unanimous approval.
Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football coached that personally ripped the “happy” out of Happy Valley, was found guilty Friday night of 45 counts of sexual abuse after assaulting 10 boys over 15 years. At 68 years old, he will no doubt spend the rest of his life in prison.
Sadly, there is no prison equipped with a division reserved exclusively for monsters, but he will no doubt choose to have little direct contact with a population of convicts, many of whom have children at home.
The institution, Penn State University, the previously untouchable home of “Joe Pa” and the Nittany Lions will be living with this scar for years. But your children can be protected now as a result of this horror story.
If you haven’t told them, tell them now. No one is allowed to touch them. And if you have told them, tell them again. Please.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon