These days when our system of justice seems to be viewed by many as less just than in the past — in a time whenever the U.S. Supreme Court is under fire — a jury has come to a decision that can be viewed with unanimous approval.
Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football coached that personally ripped the “happy” out of Happy Valley, was found guilty Friday night of 45 counts of sexual abuse after assaulting 10 boys over 15 years. At 68 years old, he will no doubt spend the rest of his life in prison.
Sadly, there is no prison equipped with a division reserved exclusively for monsters, but he will no doubt choose to have little direct contact with a population of convicts, many of whom have children at home.
The institution, Penn State University, the previously untouchable home of “Joe Pa” and the Nittany Lions will be living with this scar for years. But your children can be protected now as a result of this horror story.
If you haven’t told them, tell them now. No one is allowed to touch them. And if you have told them, tell them again. Please.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains