These days when our system of justice seems to be viewed by many as less just than in the past — in a time whenever the U.S. Supreme Court is under fire — a jury has come to a decision that can be viewed with unanimous approval.
Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football coached that personally ripped the “happy” out of Happy Valley, was found guilty Friday night of 45 counts of sexual abuse after assaulting 10 boys over 15 years. At 68 years old, he will no doubt spend the rest of his life in prison.
Sadly, there is no prison equipped with a division reserved exclusively for monsters, but he will no doubt choose to have little direct contact with a population of convicts, many of whom have children at home.
The institution, Penn State University, the previously untouchable home of “Joe Pa” and the Nittany Lions will be living with this scar for years. But your children can be protected now as a result of this horror story.
If you haven’t told them, tell them now. No one is allowed to touch them. And if you have told them, tell them again. Please.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain