How ironic that all those bug eradication companies have a chemical or substance of some kind that will get rid of even the most loathsome of creatures, but the federal court can’t take John Edwards out of our lives.
Yesterday, as I’m sure you’ve heard, his campaign finance fraud case ended in mistrial as the jurors acquitted him on one charge and were unable to come to a decision on the other five. The jury was hung and so was the expression of disappointment on my face when I heard the news.
Do I think it was a miscarriage of justice? Absolutely not. I wasn’t in the courtroom, but I will allow myself the belief that the prosecution didn’t successfully prove that this former this former senator, this former presidential candidate, spent huge sums of campaign money to hide a sordid affair with whom he later had a child.
No, for me, it’s the moral nausea I feel when I recall his terminally ill wife, the lies, his children, the voters who believed in him.
Please, just hand me the Raid.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon