It seems for as long as I can remember, Phoenix, in
particular, has taken it on the chin when it comes to
virtually any survey ranking of the U.S. in any category.
We have been called one of the unfriendliest cities in
America — a bad place to do business.
I totally disagree with all of that, but now comes one of
the sappiest of all — Travel + Leisure magazine’s
website ranks us as one of the worst-dressed cities in
America. They use the bolo tie as an example.
In London, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, a suit is
a must for virtually every businessman. Fine. That’s their
uniform and everybody here has the choice to wear one or
The casual look of Phoenix fashion for men and women has
to do with freedom and common sense. We dress for the
climate and comfort. That’s what they do in Hawaii, Miami
Or would Travel + Leisure perhaps prefer the
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments