Today’s tip starts with a quick explanation of some geek speak: word cloud
A word cloud is a visual representation of a large amount of text, with the most prominently used words in larger fonts or special colors.
Word clouds are a great way to quickly extract important themes in large bodies of text.
For instance, if you’re a business that asks for feedback from your customers, instead of having someone manually review each one, you could use an online word cloud generator to mine the data for you.
One of my favorite sites is Tagcrowd because it allows you to mine data in a number of ways.
Simply dump all the text into a single file and don’t worry about the formatting.
You can copy and paste the text directly into the site, upload a text file or document or even analyse any web link in a flash.
- Hashtags are valuable marketing tools for businesses on social media
- Keys sticking on Macbook Pro? Here's what to do about it
- How cybercriminals profit by exploiting computers for cryptojacking
- Is it true that Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7?
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?