Today’s tip starts with a quick explanation of some geek speak: word cloud
A word cloud is a visual representation of a large amount of text, with the most prominently used words in larger fonts or special colors.
Word clouds are a great way to quickly extract important themes in large bodies of text.
For instance, if you’re a business that asks for feedback from your customers, instead of having someone manually review each one, you could use an online word cloud generator to mine the data for you.
One of my favorite sites is Tagcrowd because it allows you to mine data in a number of ways.
Simply dump all the text into a single file and don’t worry about the formatting.
You can copy and paste the text directly into the site, upload a text file or document or even analyse any web link in a flash.
- Is there a voice recognition system for typing that actually works?
- Before you buy a new iPhone, you should check out these tips
- How to turn off location tracking on iPhones, Androids
- Is there a difference between paid and free password managers?
- Deciding which smart thermostat will work best for you