If you own an older Apple Macbook Pro and you think you’ve been seeing weird video issues, you may not be imagining things.
Apple recently announced a free repair program for owners of various MacBook Pro models that range from 2011 to 2013.
Symptoms of the problem can include distorted video, no video, or unexpected system restarts due to the known problem.
If you purchased a MacBook Pro in those years, you can check to see if your unit is covered by entering your serial number in their online check for coverage tool.
Or, if you paid Apple to have these specific repairs performed in the past, you may be eligible for a refund.
Even if you aren’t currently experiencing the issues, taking a minute to see if your laptop is likely to have the issue down the road would be prudent.
The affected systems are for MacBooks with either a 15″ or 17″ display only.
- Hashtags are valuable marketing tools for businesses on social media
- Keys sticking on Macbook Pro? Here's what to do about it
- How cybercriminals profit by exploiting computers for cryptojacking
- Is it true that Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7?
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?