One of great things about expensive DSLR cameras is the depth of field that the lenses can provide.
You know those beautiful images where the subject is in clear focus and everything in the background is blurred, which can be visually stunning.
Well, if you’re not ready to part with a pile of money in order to get these professional looking shots, checkout some of the background defocus apps for your smartphone.
Several phones have a blur option built into the camera app, so start by checking for that feature.
If not, both Android and iPhone users can try the AfterFocus app which does just what it implies; allows you to change the focus after you take the picture.
You start by dragging your finger over the areas that you want in focus then switch to the background and do the same for what you want blurred.
It doesn’t take long to get the hang of how the tool works and you can even choose multiple items in the shot for some really interesting results.
- Hashtags are valuable marketing tools for businesses on social media
- Keys sticking on Macbook Pro? Here's what to do about it
- How cybercriminals profit by exploiting computers for cryptojacking
- Is it true that Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7?
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?