If you’re a regular user of Uber, you should be aware that when you schedule a ride near a large event, you could get hit with their surge pricing.
During peak times around large events, rates have been known to go up as high as 10 times the normal rate.
If you’re using Uber around a major event or in a congested, high traffic area, you need to make sure you’re paying attention before you book.
If you have an iPhone, there’s actually a better way to avoid surge pricing with a free app called SurgeProtector.
SurgeProtector looks for areas nearby that either have lower surge rates or non-surge rates, so you can walk a few blocks and save a few bucks.
When you find a spot with a lower rate, you can schedule your Uber pickup at that location instead in the more expensive surge areas.
If you like using Uber, use SurgeProtection for the iPhone first to keep it cheap.
- Is there a voice recognition system for typing that actually works?
- Before you buy a new iPhone, you should check out these tips
- How to turn off location tracking on iPhones, Androids
- Is there a difference between paid and free password managers?
- Deciding which smart thermostat will work best for you