If you own an iPhone or iPad and you’re happy with what you have, you probably didn’t spend a lot of time fussing over all of the new product announcements.
Why spend money when you’re content, right?
Well, lost in all of the new hardware announcements was something that will have a bigger impact on all Apple customers, a major update to iOS.
iOS 8 is out today and it’s a free way to update just about all of your Apple mobile devices.
If you have an iPhone 4s or newer, an iPad 2 or newer or the iPod Touch 5th generation, you can add lots of new features for free.
But history tells us that often times a major update will have it’s bugs, so if you want to play it safe, wait at least a week or two to download the update.
Let a few million early adopters download and test the update so you don’t become a guinea pig, unless you want to be one.
When will it be safe to install the update? I’ll keep tabs on the industry buzz and let you know!
- Is it true that Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7?
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?