Remotely accessing your computer is nothing new, but most of the great free options have become pay services.
If you’re looking for a free option that’s really flexible, take a look at Chrome Remote Desktop from Google.
Unlike some other tools, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to set it up. You just add the option to any Chrome Browser on any computer that you want to remotely access.
Once it’s setup, you can use any Windows, Mac or Linux computer to remotely access your computer as if you were sitting in front of it.
You can even remote in with Chromebooks and Android tablets and smartphones.
That means, in a pinch, I can remote into one of my computers from my smartphone anywhere in the world to grab a file that I need.
An app for iPhone and iPad users is under development, so this is one of the most comprehensive, easy to use options available and it’s completely free.
It only takes a few minutes to setup, so if you’ve been looking for a solid free remote access solution, I highly recommend you take a look at this one!
- Is there a voice recognition system for typing that actually works?
- Before you buy a new iPhone, you should check out these tips
- How to turn off location tracking on iPhones, Androids
- Is there a difference between paid and free password managers?
- Deciding which smart thermostat will work best for you