The major wireless carriers are locked in a heated battle to try to win your business with some pretty sensational offers these days.
But a good deal means nothing if the data and voice service in your area is spotty, so before you decide to jump from one carrier to another, do some homework.
A fantastic resource that allows you to evaluate the four major networks, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint in your neighborhood is located at rootmetrics.com.
Start with the city you live in to get an overall performance rating that includes indexes on reliability and speed as well as data, call and text performance so you understand the strengths of each network.
The best feature of the Rootmetrics site is when you click the CoverageMap. You get a detailed map of where call quality is good or bad, where data is fast or slow and whether you can expect to get 4G LTE service in your neck of the woods.
There’s even a mobile app that allows you to run reports wherever you traverse to add to the database.
- Hashtags are valuable marketing tools for businesses on social media
- Keys sticking on Macbook Pro? Here's what to do about it
- How cybercriminals profit by exploiting computers for cryptojacking
- Is it true that Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7?
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?