Google’s Android operating system has become the most popular mobile OS in the world and along with that distinction, it’s now the most targeted in the world.
Malicious apps are more likely to appear in places outside of Google’s Play Store, so limiting your app downloads to just the Play Store is a solid strategy.
Even with Google’s security oversight, it’s possible for some malicious apps to sneak in, so if you want a second layer of protection, download the free Malwarebytes app to your Android device.
Once installed, you can scan your phone to see if you have any questionable apps and it will scan every app you download from now on and give you a quick report automatically.
It also performs regular background scans to make sure that infected files haven’t snuck in and it has a privacy scanner that shows you what each app has access to on your device.
Malwarebytes has long been a great tool for Windows-based PCs and now that same approach to fighting malware is available for Android users…and its free!
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?