One of the newest security features on the iPhone is not all that safe.
It took German hackers about 24 hours to figure out a way to trick the new fingerprint scan technology on the iPhone 5S.
While the process certainly is complicated, it means that the feature everyone thought could be the end-all in phone security is already compromised. It may seem like a lot of effort, but considering the amount of information we share on our phones on a daily basis, the time it takes hackers to access a phone is worth it.
We recommend always keeping an eye on your phone and using pre-installed software combined with old fashioned common sense to protect both your device and your information.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
Latest Data Doctors
- You can use an old smartphone as a security system depending on your needs
- Is getting an Apple smartphone really safer than one that runs Android?
- This is why you still can't use chipped credit cards everywhere
- If you're having trouble upgrading, you may have a computer hardware issue
- Businesses need to take steps to avoid wire transfer scams