It’s time for a Back-to-School Data Doctors Tech Tip.
If you’re about to send a child off to college, an expensive laptop computer is likely to be part of the mix.
That shiny laptop is also a highly targeted item by thieves, so before you send junior off, make sure you install a location tracking program.
One of our favorites is Prey, and it’s a free download!
Once installed, Prey can track the location, take a picture of who’s using it, capture what’s on the screen and even lock down the system if it goes missing.
The only downside to using this freebie is that you’re on your own to figure out how to recover it.
If you want tracking with recovery assistance, install LoJack for Laptops instead. It’s only $40 for two years and all you have to do is file the police report, they do the rest!
- Is there a voice recognition system for typing that actually works?
- Before you buy a new iPhone, you should check out these tips
- How to turn off location tracking on iPhones, Androids
- Is there a difference between paid and free password managers?
- Deciding which smart thermostat will work best for you