OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition and its software that can scan an image to extract the text from something that is generally not editable.
OCR software comes with a lot of scanners but getting it setup and working can be a bit of a hassle and completely useless if you’re at the office and your scanner is at home.
The next time you get a scanned image, electronic fax or form that you’d normally have to manually retype, head over to OnlineOCR.net and give this free online converter a try.
It can extract text from PDF documents, JPG, BMP, TIFF and GIF images and convert them into easily editable text files, Word documents or Excel spreadsheets.
It supports 32 different languages and can even scan multi-page PDFs and Zip files that contain a large group of the supported file types.
Simply upload the image file, choose the language and output format and away it goes, nothing to setup or install!
Check it out at DataDoctors.com/radio
- Hashtags are valuable marketing tools for businesses on social media
- Keys sticking on Macbook Pro? Here's what to do about it
- How cybercriminals profit by exploiting computers for cryptojacking
- Is it true that Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7?
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?