In part 3 of our weeklong series to avoid getting hacked, did you know your smartphone holds the key for hackers? And it’s the quickest way for them to take over your life.
It’s time for another Data Doctors Tech Tip.
Your home is loaded with a bunch of valuables, high end TV’s, Jewelry, lots of computers… would you leave the door wide open?
Duhhh! Of course not!
OK time for a quick test. Grab your smartphone right now and wake it up. Can you access your stuff without entering a password? Then your door is wide open.
If a bad guy got your phone, it would take him no time to find out what bank you bank with via the app you most likely use, request a password reset through your email, which he has in his hand, and well… you can figure out the rest of the story.
Manufacturers give you the ability to password protect your smartphones for a reason. They are just like your desktop or laptop computer. Full of valuable information, and incredibly easy to access.
Finally, for you Android users that swipe a pattern to unlock your device… hold it up to the light and look at the screen. If a hacker found it, they’d be able to retrace your swipe in an instant.
Tomorrow, Microsoft has finally done it and you should too. Securing your safety with the 2-step.
Got a tech question? We’ve got the answers.
All you have to do is ask us at facebook.com/datadoctors.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
Latest Data Doctors
- Don't worry: Portable cellphone battery chargers are not likely to explode
- A webcam hack is a problem, but a sign of a much larger issue
- The difference between water-resistant and waterproof in smartphones
- Is it safe to have your browser store all of your passwords?
- Using a password management program can be a good way to stay safe online