In part 3 of our weeklong series to avoid getting hacked, did you know your smartphone holds the key for hackers? And it’s the quickest way for them to take over your life.
It’s time for another Data Doctors Tech Tip.
Your home is loaded with a bunch of valuables, high end TV’s, Jewelry, lots of computers… would you leave the door wide open?
Duhhh! Of course not!
OK time for a quick test. Grab your smartphone right now and wake it up. Can you access your stuff without entering a password? Then your door is wide open.
If a bad guy got your phone, it would take him no time to find out what bank you bank with via the app you most likely use, request a password reset through your email, which he has in his hand, and well… you can figure out the rest of the story.
Manufacturers give you the ability to password protect your smartphones for a reason. They are just like your desktop or laptop computer. Full of valuable information, and incredibly easy to access.
Finally, for you Android users that swipe a pattern to unlock your device… hold it up to the light and look at the screen. If a hacker found it, they’d be able to retrace your swipe in an instant.
Tomorrow, Microsoft has finally done it and you should too. Securing your safety with the 2-step.
Got a tech question? We’ve got the answers.
All you have to do is ask us at facebook.com/datadoctors.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets