We saw it just yesterday, a tragic attack during the Boston Marathon, that left people running, injured and sadly dead.
When tragedy strikes, whether man-made or natural, the first thing we try to do is find our loved ones who are there, the problem is how?
Back during the Haiti earthquake in 2010, Google launched Person Finder, to help people during times of tragedy, when normal means of communication may be disrupted.
You can either search for someone or share information about someone’s whereabouts, but you need to know, Google doesn’t review or verify any information, and all submitted details are public to all users.
They do this to expedite information, to help people reconnect, and because Google is such a powerful search tool, why not extend it to finding people when tragedy strikes.
Another tool you should remember after an event like yesterday is the Red Cross and their safe and well site. There you can list yourself as safe and well, or search for people who have registered as safe and well.
We hope you never need to use either of these services, but it’s nice to know they’re there if you need them.
We’ve got the answers to your technology questions.
All you have to do is ask.
Go to facebook.com/datadoctors.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
Latest Data Doctors
- Don't worry: Portable cellphone battery chargers are not likely to explode
- A webcam hack is a problem, but a sign of a much larger issue
- The difference between water-resistant and waterproof in smartphones
- Is it safe to have your browser store all of your passwords?
- Using a password management program can be a good way to stay safe online