Never miss your favorite TV show again, that’s the beauty of a DVR. But did you know you can save the money and have your computer do the recording for you?
If you want to record TV shows without a DVR, you’re in luck. If you’re a Windows 7 user, you already have a powerful TiVo like DVR in your PC. Windows Media Center.
When paired with an inexpensive TV tuner and a decent antenna, it lets you watch and record broadcast television in HD.
Now remember, you’ll also need a pretty good sized hard drive with a decent chunk of free space. A one-hour recorded TV show can easily eat up 7-8 gigs if uncompressed.
Now for you Mac users, it’s not native, but there too is an easy solution.
EyeTV, is a hardware software combo that allows you to record over the air or basic cable direct to your Mac. You can watch, record, and pause live TV, just like with a traditional DVR.
With their mobile device, you can watch over the air TV on your iPhone, iPod and iPad, all without using any data. It’s like adding rabbit ears to your iPad.
We’ve got the answers to your technology questions.
All you have to do is ask.
Go to facebook.com/datadoctors.
- Is it safe to install iOS 11? Are there options if I don't like it?
- This is the difference between the deep web and the dark web
- Using 'smart firewalls' critical to keep internet-connected devices safe
- Tips for businesses for managing mobile devices
- Do Russian ties mean I should uninstall Kaspersky antivirus software?