We’ve all had this happen to us. We get an email with a file attachment, but we don’t have the right application to open the file.
That used to mean one of two things, you email the person back requesting a different file type, or you find a program that converts the file for you.
Aside from the inconvenience, there’s the cost involved too. Do you really want to buy an app for one time use?
Next time you need to convert a file from one type to another, just remember Zamzar.com. That’s Z A M Z A R .com.
Zamzar is a free website that can convert any file, to any file.
Zamzar can convert your ebook files to pdfs, wavs to mp3, Quicktime to MP4, the list is almost endless.
To convert a file, simply drag and drop it on the Zamzar conversion tool. Choose the format you need the file converted to, give them your email address, then click convert.
When the file is done, Zamzar sends you a link to download the newly converted file, and you’re off and running.
We’ve got answers to your technology questions. Ask us anytime!
Go to facebook.
- Do mesh Wi-Fi networks provide better coverage than traditional routers?
- Is it true some color laser printers print invisible ID dots on each page?
- How to tell if you were exposed to the HP key-tracking problem
- If you're still using Windows Vista, you might want to consider an upgrade
- Some questions and answers about creating a paperless home