If you’re an on the go person, and your tax return isn’t itemized, there’s an app that can help you get your return done in 10 minutes.
The SnapTax app from TurboTax is available for iPhone and Android. The app is free, but it’ll cost you $25 bucks to e-file.
H&R Block has a similar app, and it’s also free, and there’s no filing fee until after April 17th.
So, how do you know if you can use these apps? Here’s what qualifies you, If you don’t own a home, you only have W2, interest or unemployment income, and if you earned less than 100k in 2012 120K if you’re married.
How does it work? after you download the free app, you snap a photo of your W2, answer some simple questions, and you can file from within the app.
Is it safe to use? Yes. Your information is encrypted and secure, plus they guarantee 100% accuracy.
If you have a question, live tax advice service is free and available year round by phone or live chat for SnapTax users, H&R Block users can walk into a physical location if you need a human.
Now, if only they can make a voting app that works like that.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
Latest Data Doctors
- If you're still using Windows Vista, you might want to consider an upgrade
- Some questions and answers about creating a paperless home
- Lessons and tips we can all learn from 1 billion hacked Yahoo accounts
- Should I consider adding Trusteer Endpoint Protection to my computer?
- Know your options if you are suddenly hit with ransomware