If you’re an on the go person, and your tax return isn’t itemized, there’s an app that can help you get your return done in 10 minutes.
The SnapTax app from TurboTax is available for iPhone and Android. The app is free, but it’ll cost you $25 bucks to e-file.
H&R Block has a similar app, and it’s also free, and there’s no filing fee until after April 17th.
So, how do you know if you can use these apps? Here’s what qualifies you, If you don’t own a home, you only have W2, interest or unemployment income, and if you earned less than 100k in 2012 120K if you’re married.
How does it work? after you download the free app, you snap a photo of your W2, answer some simple questions, and you can file from within the app.
Is it safe to use? Yes. Your information is encrypted and secure, plus they guarantee 100% accuracy.
If you have a question, live tax advice service is free and available year round by phone or live chat for SnapTax users, H&R Block users can walk into a physical location if you need a human.
Now, if only they can make a voting app that works like that.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
Latest Data Doctors
- Is getting an Apple smartphone really safer than one that runs Android?
- This is why you still can't use chipped credit cards everywhere
- If you're having trouble upgrading, you may have a computer hardware issue
- Businesses need to take steps to avoid wire transfer scams
- Airplane Wi-Fi is no safer than that at your local coffee shop