If you’re an on the go person, and your tax return isn’t itemized, there’s an app that can help you get your return done in 10 minutes.
The SnapTax app from TurboTax is available for iPhone and Android. The app is free, but it’ll cost you $25 bucks to e-file.
H&R Block has a similar app, and it’s also free, and there’s no filing fee until after April 17th.
So, how do you know if you can use these apps? Here’s what qualifies you, If you don’t own a home, you only have W2, interest or unemployment income, and if you earned less than 100k in 2012 120K if you’re married.
How does it work? after you download the free app, you snap a photo of your W2, answer some simple questions, and you can file from within the app.
Is it safe to use? Yes. Your information is encrypted and secure, plus they guarantee 100% accuracy.
If you have a question, live tax advice service is free and available year round by phone or live chat for SnapTax users, H&R Block users can walk into a physical location if you need a human.
Now, if only they can make a voting app that works like that.
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Tips for getting the most out of Instagram and your phone's camera
- Intel's NUC is big performance tucked inside a small package
- Should I try updating my processor firmware now or wait?
- How can I get my computer running again after Windows 10 crash?