After we came back from CES, we told you about some health and fitness trackers that connect to your smartphone via Bluetooth.
These devices make it easy to track your progress as you work your way towards a healthier you, but they come at a price.
If you don’t have the dough to spend on one of these devices, there’s an app for that, and it’s FREE. It’s the moves app.
Moves is effortless. Moves automatically records any walking, cycling and running you do. The app is always on, so there’s no need to start and stop it. Just keep your phone in your pocket or your bag.
Moves is an automatic diary of your life. Your daily storyline and maps show where, when and how much you move.
Moves is a free iPhone pedometer that helps you get fit by walking more. See how many steps you take and aim for a healthy exercise goal of 10,000 steps a day.
The only drawback, it runs in the background and uses battery power, so monitor your battery usage if you have a gazillion things running. Your mileage WILL vary.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
Latest Data Doctors
- Some questions and answers about creating a paperless home
- Lessons and tips we can all learn from 1 billion hacked Yahoo accounts
- Should I consider adding Trusteer Endpoint Protection to my computer?
- Know your options if you are suddenly hit with ransomware
- If hackers can access public figures' email accounts, how can I stay safe?