Are people talking about your business behind your back? What people say about your business matters, but how are you supposed to know?
Online reputation management is an important part of having a business in today’s tech driven world and one of the basics you need to understand.
Let’s start with the one you should all be using, Google Alerts. If you don’t have a Google account yet, you need to set one up, and then set up alerts.
Google allows you to set alerts so that anytime you are mentioned online, you’ll know about it. You simply put the name of your business in quotes in the alert you’re creating. So we set up an alert for “Data Doctors”.
Now, don’t fear bad reviews or negative comments. Knowing about an issue is half the battle, your online response and letting the community know you’re aware of the issue, goes a long way to resolving things.
The worst thing you can do is nothing. Not responding gives the appearance of not caring when in all reality, you had no idea people were talking about you.
What are the best things you and your company can do online? Be real, be honest and be aware.
Google alerts is just the start, there are plenty of places and apps to help you monitor your online reputation. Want to learn more, ask us on Facebook?
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
Latest Data Doctors
- How to tell if you were exposed to the HP key-tracking problem
- If you're still using Windows Vista, you might want to consider an upgrade
- Some questions and answers about creating a paperless home
- Lessons and tips we can all learn from 1 billion hacked Yahoo accounts
- Should I consider adding Trusteer Endpoint Protection to my computer?