Are people talking about your business behind your back? What people say about your business matters, but how are you supposed to know?
Online reputation management is an important part of having a business in today’s tech driven world and one of the basics you need to understand.
Let’s start with the one you should all be using, Google Alerts. If you don’t have a Google account yet, you need to set one up, and then set up alerts.
Google allows you to set alerts so that anytime you are mentioned online, you’ll know about it. You simply put the name of your business in quotes in the alert you’re creating. So we set up an alert for “Data Doctors”.
Now, don’t fear bad reviews or negative comments. Knowing about an issue is half the battle, your online response and letting the community know you’re aware of the issue, goes a long way to resolving things.
The worst thing you can do is nothing. Not responding gives the appearance of not caring when in all reality, you had no idea people were talking about you.
What are the best things you and your company can do online? Be real, be honest and be aware.
Google alerts is just the start, there are plenty of places and apps to help you monitor your online reputation. Want to learn more, ask us on Facebook?
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
Latest Data Doctors
- Do CDs and DVDs wear out over time?
- You can use an old smartphone as a security system depending on your needs
- Is getting an Apple smartphone really safer than one that runs Android?
- This is why you still can't use chipped credit cards everywhere
- If you're having trouble upgrading, you may have a computer hardware issue