When you buy apps in the AppStore or download the free ones to your phone, your intent is usually the same. You think, wow, what a great app. I can use this thing every single day.
The reality is very different. Many of us find an app, use it once or twice and then it gets back burnered, never to be used again.
So why do you continue to waste your time updating these apps? That’s because by default, app makers assume you want the latest version of the app at all times.
Here’s a better solution, if you don’t use it, delete it. But if you might use it again, just not today, hide it. Here’s how.
Open up iTunes on your Mac or PC and sign in. From the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, look for the Quick Links and click on Purchased.
Now, select the content you want to hide, in this case apps. Hover over the app, and click the X. This will hide the app.
You can always go back in anytime, and see any apps you’ve hidden so you can make them visible again.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy