The overwhelming majority of e-mail messages circulating the globe are junk messages trying to sell us special pills and better mortgage rates.
It’s made using e-mail more of a chore than it needs to be and now the spammers are aiming for your smartphone.
Text messaging spam is on the rise and no matter what rules are in place, spammers don’t bother to follow them.
But you can help the world by fighting back every time you get one of these annoying text messages.
That’s right, you can report spam text messages to your carrier by forwarding the message to 7726 which spelled out is SPAM.
Make sure you forward the exact message in its entirety without adding any comments.
IF we all do this every time we get junk text messages, we can collectively keep spammers from ruining text messaging.
- Hashtags are valuable marketing tools for businesses on social media
- Keys sticking on Macbook Pro? Here's what to do about it
- How cybercriminals profit by exploiting computers for cryptojacking
- Is it true that Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7?
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?