Today’s HDTV is starting to look like yesterday’s black & white, so what’s the next big thing in TV?
It’s time to Listen, Laugh and Learn with this Data Doctors Consumer Electronics Show Tech Tip.
It’s called Ultra HDTV, and it’s going to make your current TV look like a dinosaur.
When HDTV came out, people SLOWLY started throwing away those old square TV’s for this new device. The image quality was outstanding, but the price for these new TV’s were outrageous. The same cycle is going to start again with Ultra HDTV.
So what exactly is Ultra HDTV? For starters, they have resolution rates 2-4 times what you have in your home today. Westinghouse Digital is releasing 4 new TV’s this year that boast 3840 x 2160 resolution.
While you may not think that’s a big deal, think again. When you look at today’s HDTV image side by side with an Ultra HDTV image it’s astonishing. It makes your current picture look fuzzy and not very appealing.
The starting price for this sleek new tech is upwards of $20,000, but like all new electronics, the prices will drop fast, and pretty soon, you’ll be able to afford them too.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
Latest Data Doctors
- How to tell if you were exposed to the HP key-tracking problem
- If you're still using Windows Vista, you might want to consider an upgrade
- Some questions and answers about creating a paperless home
- Lessons and tips we can all learn from 1 billion hacked Yahoo accounts
- Should I consider adding Trusteer Endpoint Protection to my computer?