Today’s HDTV is starting to look like yesterday’s black & white, so what’s the next big thing in TV?
It’s time to Listen, Laugh and Learn with this Data Doctors Consumer Electronics Show Tech Tip.
It’s called Ultra HDTV, and it’s going to make your current TV look like a dinosaur.
When HDTV came out, people SLOWLY started throwing away those old square TV’s for this new device. The image quality was outstanding, but the price for these new TV’s were outrageous. The same cycle is going to start again with Ultra HDTV.
So what exactly is Ultra HDTV? For starters, they have resolution rates 2-4 times what you have in your home today. Westinghouse Digital is releasing 4 new TV’s this year that boast 3840 x 2160 resolution.
While you may not think that’s a big deal, think again. When you look at today’s HDTV image side by side with an Ultra HDTV image it’s astonishing. It makes your current picture look fuzzy and not very appealing.
The starting price for this sleek new tech is upwards of $20,000, but like all new electronics, the prices will drop fast, and pretty soon, you’ll be able to afford them too.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
Latest Data Doctors
- A webcam hack is a problem, but a sign of a much larger issue
- The difference between water-resistant and waterproof in smartphones
- Is it safe to have your browser store all of your passwords?
- Using a password management program can be a good way to stay safe online
- Why is Apple getting rid of the headphone jack in the iPhone 7?