Smartphones are great, until you drop them, and if you’re wearing those skin tight jeans, good luck sitting down with one in your back pocket.
It’s time to Listen, Laugh and Learn with this Data Doctors Consumer Electronics Show Tech Tip.
While these compact computing devices have made life more convenient, the price of convenience can sometimes be overwhelming.
Manufacturers cover things under warranty like defects, but if you’re smartphone takes a dive a couple of days after you buy it, it’s screen replacement time and that can get pricey.
Now Samsung thinks they have the solution, and you could start seeing it on your next smartphone.
Samsung has developed a flexible smartphone screen. No, we’re not talking about something that has a little give and bounce back when it hits the floor.
We’re talking a fully arched, twisted, distorted and totally bendable screen, that springs back to flat from any position.
Because they are bendable, less breakable, lighter, thinner, and more energy-efficient, they will unleash a wave a new designs in mobile devices — lots of things that haven’t even been imagined yet, as well as designs that weren’t possible until the right technologies and materials were available.
Keep your eyes open for them in the very near future.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
Latest Data Doctors
- You can use an old smartphone as a security system depending on your needs
- Is getting an Apple smartphone really safer than one that runs Android?
- This is why you still can't use chipped credit cards everywhere
- If you're having trouble upgrading, you may have a computer hardware issue
- Businesses need to take steps to avoid wire transfer scams