Smartphones are great, until you drop them, and if you’re wearing those skin tight jeans, good luck sitting down with one in your back pocket.
It’s time to Listen, Laugh and Learn with this Data Doctors Consumer Electronics Show Tech Tip.
While these compact computing devices have made life more convenient, the price of convenience can sometimes be overwhelming.
Manufacturers cover things under warranty like defects, but if you’re smartphone takes a dive a couple of days after you buy it, it’s screen replacement time and that can get pricey.
Now Samsung thinks they have the solution, and you could start seeing it on your next smartphone.
Samsung has developed a flexible smartphone screen. No, we’re not talking about something that has a little give and bounce back when it hits the floor.
We’re talking a fully arched, twisted, distorted and totally bendable screen, that springs back to flat from any position.
Because they are bendable, less breakable, lighter, thinner, and more energy-efficient, they will unleash a wave a new designs in mobile devices — lots of things that haven’t even been imagined yet, as well as designs that weren’t possible until the right technologies and materials were available.
Keep your eyes open for them in the very near future.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
Latest Data Doctors
- How to tell if you were exposed to the HP key-tracking problem
- If you're still using Windows Vista, you might want to consider an upgrade
- Some questions and answers about creating a paperless home
- Lessons and tips we can all learn from 1 billion hacked Yahoo accounts
- Should I consider adding Trusteer Endpoint Protection to my computer?