Remember when flat screens were tens of thousands of dollars, or when the average consumer couldn’t afford a laser printer at home?
It’s time to Listen, Laugh and Learn with this Data Doctors Consumer Electronics Show Tech Tip.
Over the last couple of years, you may have been hearing about these new devices called 3-D printers.
The technology is used in jewelry, footwear, industrial design, architecture, engineering and construction, automotive, aerospace, dental and medical industries, education, geographic information systems, civil engineering, the list is endless.
As the platform has become more popular, prices of these amazing devices as dropped to now under $1,000. So what would you, Joe consumer want with a 3-D printer? Let’s get practical for a moment shall we?
Let’s say one of the knobs on your stove were to break, what if you could go to your computer, click on a picture of the parts and in a few minutes have your replacement part spit out of your 3-D printer? That’s just how it works.
Pretty soon, kids will be designing their own toys, replacement parts and tomorrows games.
By the end of this year we can expect to see these printers costing only a few hundred dollars, and finding their way into your home.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy