Updates, updates, everywhere there are updates for your computer, so you should be updating everything all the time right? Well, not necessarily.
Kevin asked us on Facebook ,about a website, that offered to update all his drivers. Drivers are small software programs that control your hardware and updating them all at once is a bad idea.
Driver conflicts are one of the most frustrating problems your computer can have.
Kevin, here’s our advice to you and anyone else who comes across one of these offers. Be careful! These types of programs can cause a problem where one didn’t exist before.
Unless you are trying to solve a known problem, we’d suggest you take a pass!
In general updates are good, but in this case, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
- Looking to secure your home without using a monitoring contract?
- With the increase in the value of Bitcoin, is it time for you to invest?
- Comparing the Google Pixel 2 to the Samsung S8+
- Is it safe to install iOS 11? Are there options if I don't like it?
- This is the difference between the deep web and the dark web