Updates, updates, everywhere there are updates for your computer, so you should be updating everything all the time right? Well, not necessarily.
Kevin asked us on Facebook ,about a website, that offered to update all his drivers. Drivers are small software programs that control your hardware and updating them all at once is a bad idea.
Driver conflicts are one of the most frustrating problems your computer can have.
Kevin, here’s our advice to you and anyone else who comes across one of these offers. Be careful! These types of programs can cause a problem where one didn’t exist before.
Unless you are trying to solve a known problem, we’d suggest you take a pass!
In general updates are good, but in this case, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
- Do mesh Wi-Fi networks provide better coverage than traditional routers?
- Is it true some color laser printers print invisible ID dots on each page?
- How to tell if you were exposed to the HP key-tracking problem
- If you're still using Windows Vista, you might want to consider an upgrade
- Some questions and answers about creating a paperless home